AMAZON BOOK PURCHASE LINK

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Breaking Him by R.K. Lilley

Blue’s Book Reviews
BREAKING HIM BY R.k. Lilley
Just a taste of some of my favorite highlights;

“He was mine before you ever had him, and even when you did, know this, a part of him as still mine. You never got what I had. You had what was left when I was done with him.”

“What we had was always a lie. I know because if it was real it wouldn’t have ended. It felt like forever, and forever was a lie.”
“Love doesn’t save our souls. It kills them.”

“I hate his lying, conniving guts, but sex with him can be a religious experience. He remembers things about my body that even I forgot…..Ah….Oh…I see….That they seemed to get. The universal understanding of phenomenal sex. Go figure.”

“Don’t talk. Your voice ruins it for me…..Shhh. I’m trying to pretend you’re someone else. Every time you speak it ruins it for me.”

At 3% into Breaking Him, I had already highlighted 18 passages. I can’t even count the number I have highlighted since finishing this book.

Breaking Him to me, is possibly RK Lilley’s best book to date. And that is not an easy thing for me to say because her Tristan and Danika series, Bad Things, Rock Bottom and Lovely Trigger are high at the top of my most favorite series ever in the history of ever.

So for me to be able to say that she has possibly outdone herself, makes me almost sad and thrilled at the same time!

Scarlett and Dante. Dante and Scarlett. They have been in a bloody war with each other for years. Their hearts belonging to only each other, but decisions and choices were made years ago, that caused so much pain and suffering, that it changed Scarlett’s heart into vessel for revenge.

Scarlett is a masterpiece of a character and I loved her HARD!!!! RK Lilley captured brilliantly in Scarlett, what a broken heart can do to a person when that person doesn’t break. Scarlett didn’t break when her years of love and devotion with Dante ended.

Scarlett transformed into the most beautiful weapon of mass destruction where Dante is concerned.

I loved everything about her. Her hate. Her thirst for his blood. Her vengeance. Her self preservations.

Her brokenness. I want to change my name to Scarlett because I loved her that much.

Dante, oh Dante. I have no idea the extent of what he did to Scarlett yet, but as much as I wanted to despise him as much as Scarlett did, I never could do it. His love for her slaps you in your face and even though she fights to always hurt him, he takes it.

Whatever it is that he did, he’s paid his dues with pain of losing her.

I’m sure Dante’s evil spawn of satan of a mother had something to do with the demise of their relationship and I’m going to start a Word file to record all of my fantasies of how I would want to see Dante’s mother killed off.

I cannot wait for the next book, BREAKING HER to come out!!! I wouldn’t say this was huge cliffhanger, but I WANT ANSWERS AND I WANT THEM NOW!! So it does leave you wanting MORE!!! AND I WANT MORE OF DANTE AND SCARLETT!!!!

Blues Book Reviews gives
BREAKING HIM by RK LILLEY

FIVE FANEFFINGSTASTIC FREAKING OUTSTANDING FREAKING MAGNIFICENT FREAKING I HIGHLIGHTED ALMOST THE WHOLE BOOK FREAKING OUT OF THIS WORLD VOCABULARY WORDS IN THIS BOOK FREAKING-A FIVE STARS!!!!

This book is BLUE KITTY CERTIFIED AND GETS THE BLUE KITTY STAMP OF APPROVAL!!!

http://amzn.to/1T1hmXy

No comments:

Post a Comment